Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm a Copycat

So, yesterday a dear friend of mine posted about her musical habits and tastes. I too listen to music much of the time! While I am cooking, cleaning, in the shower, eating, just doing general computer stuff, sometimes during homework depending on the homework...etc.

So, I am not sure if I have a whole lot of absolute favorite bands as I most definitely go through phases...however, my top five artists or groups of the moment would probably be...in no particular order

-Taylor Swift (yes I am this much of a dork!!)
-P!NK (I think this is how she is spelling her name these days...?)
-Fun. (I was recently introduced to this group and fell in love)
-Ministry of Magic (This is the only Wizard Rock I have really taken the time to listen to but I absolutely LOVE it!!)
-Blue October (This one I haven't listened to so much lately but I still really like them)

However, music choices very much do depend on my mood and I do enjoy a good variety.

~I grew up with Country Music, (this is about all we would listen to in the car with my dad) like I mentioned I like Taylor Swift but I also love Trisha Yearwood (especially "How Do I Live"), I love Alanis Morrissette, John Michael Montgomery, Tim McGraw, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Carrie Underwood, and many others!
~My mom was into a variety of music so I get my love of 80's classics from her. Chicago might be my favorite but I also love Queen, Kansas, Asia, Boston, Kansas, REO Speedwagon, Foreigner, STYX, Pat Benatar, Cindy Lauper, etc...
~I love Musicals so I listen to Grease, RENT, Wicked, Disney Music, The Music Man, etc...
~I also love soundtracks ranging from the Harry Potter Soundtracks to soundtracks for TV shows such as Grey's Anatomy to soundtracks from chick flicks like A Lot Like Love
~I have music that I listen to when I am particularly angry such as Disturbed, Hinder, Hollywood Undead, etc.
~Sunday music consists of Blackmore's Night or my Hillary Weeks Pandora station
~It is fun to rock out to Ke$ha or Avril Lavigne
~There are the songs that are constantly stuck in my head such as "Rasputin" by Boney M or "Always" by Erasure
~Sometimes I resort back to Elementary and Middle School with some Backstreet Boys or Brittany Speares
~I love Owl City as well as Paramore

Essentially my music tastes are varied, I am open to most any music! Um...so yeah, if you have any music suggestions for me that would be awesome! I am sure I could have gone on forever but...for now I think this gives you an idea of my musical tastes!

No comments:

Post a Comment